Why I became a health coach
My relationship with nutrition began during my adolescence. It was not so much about healthy food at that time, but rather about being as slim as possible, which probably seems familiar to most girls in puberty, especially if you are training to become a dancer like I was. I tried a variety of diets, all of which led me to lose touch with my body and regard food as an enemy.
It even went so far that I developed an eating disorder and could hardly imagine ever eating "normally" again, whatever that meant. Later, in times of stress, I had two constant companions - chocolate and coffee, very much at the expense of water and vegetables. At that time, I did not think about any health consequences as long as I kept my weight. Even when small health restrictions became more and more frequent, I always found an excuse and didn´t relate them in any way to my diet or even my lifestyle. I had no idea what enormous influence these factors could have on my health and well-being, or I simply ignored it. Over years and even decades, I have treated my body like a racing car which was supposed to be fast, but instead of fueling it with high-quality gasoline I gave it something like dishwater. And when the alarm light went on, I replaced the bulb instead of getting to the bottom of it. Of course, such a lifestyle cannot go on forever without any health consequences.
The turning point came when I became pregnant. Now I had new responsibility and suddenly realized what I had done to my body over the years. With the new life that was growing inside me, I began to study nutrition and all aspects of health because I wanted to give my child the best possible start. But first of all, I needed to be healthy myself. But where should I start?
Firstly I learned to listen to my body and its needs, which was a completely new experience for me. The subject of nutrition and health really excited me and in order to learn more, I completed various training courses on nutrition and yoga. The health coach training program ultimately brought together all pieces of the puzzle. After undergoing this experience myself and hearing different healing stories from other people, I learned that the body is very resilient and, given half a chance, the body can heal itself by itself.
I studied at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition where I learned innovative coaching methods, practical lifestyle management techniques and over a hundred dietary theories.
Furthermore, I graduated from the Deventhos Academy in Munich, Germany, where I learned all about nutrition. I’m a certified Anusara Yoga Teacher and former dancer. I’ve also trained in Movement Therapy, which means I help people prevent themselves from injury or avoid pain while moving properly-aligned according to biomechanical principles.
I have studied with the world's top health and wellness experts including:
• Joshua Rosenthal, founder and director of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
• Deepak Chopra, MD, leading expert in the field of mind-body medicine
• David Katz, MD, MPH, director of Yale University’s Prevention Research Center
• Walter Willett, MD, DrPH, chair of nutrition at Harvard University
• Andrew Weil, MD, director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine
• Gabrielle Bernstein, bestselling author and life coach
• Susan Blum, MD, MPH, assistant clinical professor at Mount Sinai School of Medicine
• Mark Hyman, MD, founder of The UltraWellness Center
• Geneen Roth, bestselling author and expert on emotional eating
• David Wolfe, leading expert on raw food and nutrition
• Marion Nestle, PhD, MPH, professor at New York University’s Department of Nutrition, Food Studies and Public Health
• Mark Bittman, food writer for The New York Times and bestselling author
• Joel Fuhrman, MD, family physician and leading expert on nutritional healing
• Jordan Bloom, Patrick Broome, Barbra Noh, leading experts in the field of yoga
• and more...
My education has equipped me with extensive, cutting-edge knowledge of holistic nutrition, health coaching and prevention. Drawing on my expertise, I work with my clients to help them make lifestyle changes and choose health-promoting ways to produce real and lasting results. You will develop a deeper understanding of food and lifestyle choices that work best for you, improving your energy, balance, health and happiness.
Based on my knowledge, we co-create completely personalized actions in line with your goals, enabling you to move toward your ideal vision of health within the scope of your unique body, lifestyle, preferences and resources.
I have also loved being on stage and entertaining people for over twenty-five years!
In my lectures and seminars, I combine my passion and my experience as a presenter with my extensive knowledge of holistic health. New approaches meet ancient wisdom, presented in an entertaining way.